Take Action before 2021 Ends
The year is quickly coming to a close but we are still busy mobilizing support to pass key policies that will drastically improve the lives of San Diego County babies and families.
Click the links below to help us pass three key pieces of Federal legislation before 2022.
Take Action – > Pass Build Back Better in the Senate
- The Build Back Better Act invests in education, health, housing, job creation/job supports, fair wages, and equitable working conditions.
- The Build Back Better Act makes major investments in paid leave, home and community-based services, and child care.
Take Action – > Wise Investment in our Children (WIC) Act
- The bipartisan bill would extend the eligibility for children to participate in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) until their sixth birthday, extend the certification period to two years, and extend post-partum eligibility to two years for all mothers.
Take Action – > Pass the PUMP Act into Law
- The Break Time for Nursing Mothers law, passed in 2010, provided critical protections to ensure that employees have reasonable break time and a private place to pump during the work day.
- However, nearly one in four women of childbearing age are excluded from coverage and have no clear right to break time and space. It’s time to close the gap:
Ensure that ALL lactating employees are covered by the Break Time law
Leave a Comment