News and views on breastfeeding, human milk, and all things lactation education
- Mandatory California Hospital Infant Feeding Policy and Practice: Is your Hospital on Track? Free Training Thursday July 21 12pm-1pm PST
- The County of San Diego Health and Human Services is proud to announce the Black Legacy Now San Diego Implicit Bias Training. This training series is Senate Bill 464, The Dignity in Pregnancy and Childbirth Act compliant. It is free to providers in the County of San Diego and available for you to take now.
- UCSD NEWS: WEE NUZZLE: A QUALITY INITIATIVE TO PROMOTE NON-NUTRITIVE BREAST FEEDING IN ORDER TO INCREASE BREASTMILK AT DISCHARGE FOR PRETERM INFANTS IN THE NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
- TrueCare WIC & UCHealth Milk Bank 2nd Annual Milk Drive ENGLISH FLYER & SPANISH FLYER Sat August 6th 2022
- The U.S. Department of Education Releases Proposed Changes to Title IX Regulations, Invites Public Comment
- Representative Robin Kelly (D-IL-02) introduced the Health Equity and Accountability Act (H.R. 7585)
- Sleep-Related Infant Deaths: Updated 2022 Recommendations for Reducing Infant Deaths in the Sleep Environment.
- The Impact of Breast Milk Taste and Smell in Reducing Pain in Infants Undergoing Blood Drawing Procedure: A Randomized Controlled Study
- Lactation explanation: A new analysis shows how mammary gland cells change in nursing mothers over time.
- The Giving Voice to Mothers Study Report: Communities defining quality and safety in pregnancy and childbirth care.
Perspectives & Resources
- EthnoMed: We provide information about cultural beliefs, medical issues and other topics related to the health care of immigrants to the US, many of whom are refugees.
- Breastfeeding Resources: Arabic, Bosnian, Burmese, Chinese, English, Farsi, French, Hindi, Hmong, Korean, Nepali, Romanian, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Urdu, Vietnamese.
- North American Society For Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition (NASPGHAN) Tools for Infants and Children Affected by Formula Shortages
- White House Fact Sheet on the Biden-Harris Administration’s Progress Addressing the Infant Formula Shortage
- White House Infant Formula Website: https://www.whitehouse.gov/formula