Fathers and Breastfeeding Resources
Fathers have an important role to make chest/breastfeeding work.
Breastfeeding: What is a Father to Do? Recorded Webinar from 5/22/2021
At the conclusion of the presentation the participant will be able to:
1. Discuss the influence of paternal/partner attitudes on the mother’s decision to breastfeed.
2. Evaluate and respond to at least 2 of the most common concerns about breastfeeding that fathers/partners may have heard.
3. Identify at least 3 ways fathers/partners can protect and support the mother while breastfeeding.
Father’s and Breastfeeding Resources:
- Reaching Our Brothers Everywhere (ROBE)’s educates, equips, and empowers men to help increase breastfeeding initiation and duration rates, primarily in the Black community. Their article Breastfeeding Communities for Fatherhood: Laying the Groundwork for the Black Fatherhood, Brotherhood, and Manhood Movement explains how their work is helping increase breastfeeding rates in Black communities.
- WIC Dear Dads Webpage
- WIC Fathers Can Support Breastfeeding Brochure
- Live Healthy Miami Gardens Fathers and Breastfeeding Event Video
- Healthy Start Pittsburgh: Fatherhood Program
- Baby GooRoo: Breastfeeding And Dad Video
Leave a Comment