News and views on breastfeeding, human milk, and all things lactation related
- Help Us Spread the Word!!
- SDCBC is partnering with Global Communities Healthy Start program to expand our free breastfeeding support warmline to multiple languages. We are currently serving clients in English, Spanish, and Tagalog, with more languages being added in the future!
- 1-800-371-6455 (MILK)
New Breastfeeding Support Group Map
Finding a FREE breastfeeding support group in your area just got easier. We are excited to launch this interactive map highlighting free groups in San Diego County.
Have a free group you would like added to the map? Please email the details to SDCBC Coordinator, Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spread the word! The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline number has been changed. It is now:
2023 National Breastfeeding Month Proclamation Toolkit
- USBC released the 2023 version of the National Breastfeeding Month Proclamation Toolkit to help organizations submit requests for their governor to proclaim August as Breastfeeding Month in their state or territory. The toolkit includes a spreadsheet with links and information on submitting a proclamation request in each state as well as a long and abbreviated sample template for proclamation submission.
California Work & Family Coalition’s 2023 Virtual Advocacy Week that will take place the week of August 21st – 25th. Register Here
3rd Annual Breast Milk Drive & Health Fair:
- All donors must register in advance. For more information email email@example.com or call 858-249-6455
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a notice inviting comments on the “Feeding My Baby and Me: Infant Feeding Practices Study III (FMB&M–IFPS III)” project
Perspectives & Resources
- The Continuity of Care in Breastfeeding Support Blueprint. To listen to the full conversation, click here. To view the Letdown Podcast, click here.